Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tasting: Baumann


Name: Baumann Gentil Classiq
Variety: Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muscat, Gewurtztraminer, and Pinot Gris
Region: Alsace
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $17 (Sale: $9.95)
Shop Review: A delicious and fresh blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muscat, Gewurtztraminer, and Pinot Gris. Light aromas of fresh fruit and delicate white flowers start your journey, followed by crisp flavors of stone and citrus fruit. A well balanced acidity on the dry finish ends this French blend beautifully.
My Review: This wine had a strong melon scent, so I was expecting a fruity wine. However, upon tasting it, it was crisp and dry. It made my mouth pucker a bit, and it was less sweet than expected. It tasted like a bitter melon, but the flavors were crisp and the wine itself didn't have much heat to it. I could tell that I was tasting a quality wine.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment