Thursday, February 27, 2014
Tasting: First Light
Name: First Light
Variety: Moscato
Region: N/A
Country: Australia
Year: N/A
Price: $15 (Sale: $7.95)
Shop Review: Ripe lychee, tropical fruits and musk on the nose as you near the glass. Lovely grape and stone fruits on the palate is highlighted with the subtle sweetness and spritz that makes this such a fun drink. Low in alcohol and nicely balanced acidity ensure you will want more than one glass of this easy drinking wine.
My Review: This wine smelt soapy and fresh, like a disinfectant. It had a fruity- almost floral- taste at first. There was no distinguished fruit coming through, however. It tasted similarly to a Sprite or Fresca soda with its carbonation. It had a bite in its aftertaste, which was alarming coming from a Moscato. I didn't enjoy this wine as much as I expected, since I typically like sweet Moscato wines.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment