Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tasting: Beltrame Friulano


Name: Beltrame Friulano
Variety: 100% Tocai Friulano
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $15 (Sale: $9.95)

Shop Review: 100% Tocai Friulano straw-colored yellow with a pale green tint express an intense, delicately aromatic and floral bouquet. The flavor is dry, soft, slightly fruity, with slightly bitter nuance in its almond aftertaste, and suggestion of peach.

My Review: This wine was especially fruity with its fragrance. I could distinctly smell green apple and pear. The taste was exactly what I expected - sour fruit, but not overwhelmingly so. I felt that this wine was full body, but the tangy fruit taste helped to lighten it on the palate. However, there was a definite alcohol aftertaste, which I didn't like in my mouth. This wine was alright, but definitely not my favorite.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment