Thursday, February 27, 2014
Tasting: Mas Llunes Maragda
Name: Mas Llunes Maragda
Variety: Grenache Blanc
Region: Emporada
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $16 (Sale: $9.95)
Shop Review: This Grenache Blanc is exquisitely sculpted with sharp acids and pinpointed materials, and offers orange, melon, and vanilla-honey flavors. A delight to drink, at a great price.
My Review: Upon first smelling this wine, I got hints of melon. However, the wine also smelled somewhat musty which overpowered the fruity aromas. I was shocked by how tart the wine was when I tasted it, but I also liked the bite. It was a hot wine. I felt that this wine contradicted its shop review because I didn't detect much fruit. I liked the dryness, but I didn't taste much flavor. Therefore, this wine isn't one of the better ones I've tasted thus far.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment