Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tasting: CalNaturale


Name: CalNaturale
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: United States
Year: 2009
Price: $16 (Sale: $10.95 for 1 L; $5.95 for 500 mL)

Shop Review: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon with 5% Viognier this certified organic winery produces outstanding quality at reasonable prices offering classic Cabernet flavors of fresh herb, olive, cedar and cassis. Focused and intense, with a charming rustic side and broad tannins that firm up on the finish.

My Review: This was an interesting red to taste. It had a dark, almost brown color to it. I felt that it smelt similarly to a cup of tomato soup with hints of olives. It reminded me of Spaghetti-o's, so I was excited to taste it. It was very full-bodied, and it made my mouth and tongue very dry. Unlike its aroma, this wine didn't taste at all like tomato. This wine had a lot of herb in its taste, with hints of olives which I liked. It was unexpected and new for me to try in a wine.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment