Sunday, April 20, 2014
Tasting: Aviva Vinho Verde
Name: Aviva Vinho Verde
Variety: 100% Loureiro
Region: N/A
Country: Portugal
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95
Shop Review: "Spring flowers and fresh fruit essences are supported with bright acidity in this Vinho Verde from northwest Porugal. Literally meaning "green wine", Vinho Verde translates as "young wine" in its native Portugal. This wine has a slight petillance, or baby-bubbles, allowing the Loureiro grapes natural freshness to dance across your palate."
My Review: This wine looked like a fresh white that would be nice to sip on in the summertime upon first glance. As I sniffed it, I got a strong honey aroma. I sensed honeysuckle with hints of honeydew melon, so it brought some citrus into its nose. Its taste was much less floral than its nose, and I enjoyed the contrast. It had a sour and tangy vibe, and I felt that it tasted just like orange juice. I enjoyed this wine.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment