Thursday, April 3, 2014
Tasting: Bellafina Moscato
Name: Bellafina
Variety: Pink Moscato
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: N/A
Price: $9.95
Shop Review: "A blend of Moscato and Rabosos grapes it has a pale rose color, notes of red berries (strawberry and raspberry), with the characteristic and fragrant bouquet and palate that is typical of the Moscato grape."
My Review: I enjoyed the baby pink hue in this wine that its bottle complemented well. I detected strawberry bubble gum prominently on its nose. I also felt that it smelt soapy - much like a pack of bubbles that children blow. Its taste was just as expected - really sweet, but in a good way. I didn't feel that it was overpowering, and I would definitely use this wine to toast with at a celebration. It tasted just like strawberry lemonade, so it had a great balance of sweet and citrus flavors. I felt that it tasted like sugary candy that had been watered down a bit.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment