Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting: Parcel 41 Merlot


Name: Parcel 41
Variety: 98% Merlot (Stags Leap District), 2% Petite Sirah
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: U.S.
Year: 2012
Price: $21.95

Shop Review: "Varieties: 98% Merlot (Stags Leap District) enormously rich, ripe, and concentrated showing layers of blackberry, currant, and mocha. We enjoy it with grilled meats, steak, stew, leg of lamb, tuna, and swordfish as well as anything that has a rich red sauce."

My Review: This wine had a beautiful deep red/violet color to it, and I was excited to see what it had to offer. As I sniffed it, I could smell hints of dark chocolate. They weren't too distinct, but it was interesting to smell that interesting component within this Merlot. Interestingly enough, as I sniffed it a second time, I could sense distinct spinach aromas. The two scents contrasted one another in a sophisticated manner. When I tasted it, I felt that it was really dry. This wine had a strong tannic structure, and it had bitter flavors. Although I enjoyed this wine's nose, I was put off as I tasted it.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment