Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting: Rosemount Estate Moscato


Name: Rosemount Estate
Variety: Moscato
Region: Southern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $12 (Sale: $3.95)

Shop Review: "Clear, medium-lemon yellow in appearance; lovely citrus and honeysuckle aromas with lemon, honeysuckle, apple and ripe yellow plum flavors. Serve chilled with angel food cake or fresh fruit and mild cheeses."

Personal Review: This Moscato had more of a soapy nose than I had expected from a sweet wine. I was reminded of fresh cleaning fluid scents. As I tasted it, I could tell that it was very sweet. However, I also found it to be a refreshing rather than overpowering sweetness. It had some floral hints to it, but the overall flavor was reminiscent of crisp apple. I enjoyed this wine as a light refreshment.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

1 comment:

  1. I love Moscato! I went to my first winery last year when I was living in New England and I couldn't believe how much I didn't know about wine! I definitely need to do more research. You sound like you know what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete