Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting: Chasing Lions Cabernet Sauvignon


Name: Chasing Lions
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: U.S.
Year: 2012
Price: $14.95

Shop Review: "Delivers a rich allure to the dark berry, black licorice, loamy earth, and tobacco-cigar box edges. Tilts toward extracted fruit and tannins, which will appeal to those who like to chew on young wines. Drink now through 2023."

My Review: A mixture of murky brown and clay-colored red is the best description of this wine's color as it was poured into my glass. As I sniffed it, I got distinct aromas of soy sauce. It reminded me of a sushi restaurant, and I was excited to taste. When I tasted it, I felt that it was more bitter than I had expected, and I could tell it was a hot wine. It had interesting tobacco and smoky components. I felt that if I had paired it with cheese, it would have been more enjoyable. I would definitely want to try this wine again in a pairing with food.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment