Name: Garnacha de Fuego
Variety: Grenache
Region: Aragon
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95
Wine Advocate Review (92 Points): "The Garnacha de Fuego, a 100% Grenache cuvee, was aged in both stainless steel and neutral French oak. There are 10,000 cases for the U.S. This amazing wine boasts a dark ruby/purple color along with a sweet kiss of jammy black cherries intertwined with crushed rock notes that give the wine an undeniable minerality. As it hits the palate, a full-bodied, voluptuous texture takes hold and the flavor profile moves towards blacker fruits (ripe raspberries and black currants) intermixed with camphor and forest floor. This full-bodied, rich, glycerin-filled effort should drink well for 4-5 years, perhaps longer."
Personal Review: This wine had a beautiful deep orchid color with berry hues. The nose was sweet and alluring, with a distinct strawberry banana aroma. It was sweet yet oaky and I was excited to taste it after sensing its flavors from the nose. However, its palate was much more dry than I would have expected. It had the strong taste of pepper flakes, and it gave me a dry tongue afterward. It also had a strong tannic structure. I could taste some berries, but the pepper flavors overpowered. I felt that if I had paired it with food, it would have brought out the berry flavors more and gave it more balance. I enjoyed this wine, and I feel that I would enjoy it even more with a proper food pairing.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:
Post a Comment