Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Tasting: Chateau du Trignon
Name: Chateau du Trignon
Variety: Roussanne
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $17.95
90 Points, Wine Enthusiast Review: It's unusual to find 100% Roussanne wines, but this is a terrific example at a realistic price. It's broad and mouth-coating but still seems fresh, with melon, pear, and pineapple flavors that linger on the tightly focused finish. Drink over the next year or two.
My Review: This was a terrific wine that I very much enjoyed. It had a floral aroma, with a hint of pear. After tasting it, I could detect hints of pear as well. At the risk of making it sound unpleasant, it tasted like watered-down pineapple juice, but I enjoyed the flavor. This wine went down easily, and I could imagine myself sipping on this outside in the summertime.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment