Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tasting: Protocolo Vino de la Tierra de Castilla


Name: Protocolo Vino de la Tierra de Castilla
Variety: Airén
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Shop Review: "Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon, and orange, with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual, this is an outstanding value."

Personal Review: At first, I smelt strong acidity in this wine. I then detected a mix of citrus and floral hints like the scent of a household cleaner. After my second sniff, I got spices on the nose. This abundance of aromas excited me to taste this wine. It had quite a bite that made me pucker at first. It was warm and heated up my mouth, but I enjoyed the sensation. I didn't taste the citrus flavors that the Shop Review boasted - instead I tasted floral hints, which sounds bad but I liked it. Oddly enough, this wine had a slightly salty taste on its finish. I enjoyed this wine despite its acidity.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment