Thursday, March 27, 2014
Tasting: Vina Borga
Name: Vina Borga
Variety: Borsao
Region: Campo de Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95
Review: 86 Points - Robert Parker. "Also made from 100% Grenache, the 2012 Vina Borgia was fermented and aged in stainless steel. Its medium dark ruby color is followed by abundant notes of strawberries and black cherries offered in a straightforward, medium-bodied, soft, hedonistic, round style. It is hard to believe a wine this good can sell fro $7 a bottle. Enjoy it over the next 1-2 years"
Personal Review: This wine had a fun label and I was excited to taste it. I immediately detected strawberry jam on the nose. It smelled similar to Beaujolais and Pinot Noirs that we have tasted in the past which smelt like a strawberry banana smoothie. I definitely detected creaminess as well, like a strawberry pastry, or cheesecake. When I tasted this wine, I was pleased with its balance. It had a seemingly perfect tannic structure. It tasted strawberry flavors with some hints of blueberries also coming through. Its finish was a bit tart, but I enjoyed it. I really liked this wine and would like to try more Borsao varietals.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment