Thursday, March 27, 2014
Tasting: Jam Jar Sweet White
Name: Jam Jar Sweet White
Variety: Moscato
Region: N/A
Country: South Africa
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Shop Review: "Soft floral hints add depth to the otherwise straightforward ripe peach and nectarine aromas. There's a good balance in the mouth, with a nice acidic lift and slightly lime edge to cut the sweetness on the finish and close with the faintest hint of honeydew melons."
Personal Review: This wine didn't stand out to me as a Moscato. I detected hints of honeysuckle on its nose. It was perfumey and sweet, but not overpowering in its scent. As I tasted it, I was pleased with its balance. It was sweet enough where I could sip on it casually in the summertime. Its light carbonation was pleasant as well. It tasted like your typical sugar water sweet white wine. I enjoyed this wine.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment