![]() |
| Image Source: http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/21/3/192/1922195/a8e453bbe7fea646_eco-love-riesling-2009.jpg |
Name: R Wines Eco Love
Variety: Riesling
Region: South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $18 (Sale: $7.95)
Shop Review: "Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other. These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. Eco.love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy."
My Review: This wine had a pretty, floral bottle and I was excited to taste. It had an interesting blend of floral and grassy aromas. The floral aroma smelled similar to a sunflower. Upon tasting it, I found it to be very fresh and crisp at first. I detected flavors of peach with hints of lemon. However, its aftertaste is what made it very intriguing - it became sour and musty. Its aftertaste had a punch of asparagus, which was interesting. I enjoyed this wine and found it fascinating, so I decided to buy a bottle for my own. I am excited to taste it with the recommended foods in the above review.

No comments:
Post a Comment