Thursday, March 6, 2014
Tasting: Maipe Malbec
Name: Maipe
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95
Shop Review: Deep purple color with violet tints, complex plum, fig, strawberry, spices, and floral aromas; rounded and velvety tannins, excellent length with a distinguished character. Excellent when paired with game, roasted red meats, pasta, or pizza.
My Review: This wine's dark magenta color intrigued me, and I was excited to taste it. As I swirled and sniffed it, I detected hints of petrol or plastic in its nose. It also had aromas of licorice within it. It tasted spicy, which I very much enjoyed. It had a peppery flavor to it. It had heavy tannins, and I liked the sensation of them in my mouth. Overall, I enjoyed this wine's interesting flavor.
I tasted this wine on its own without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment